Friday, June 26, 2009

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me...


Sorry to be such a slacker lately --- just put the house up for sale and things have been crazy (as usual). I completely forgot to blog about the awesomeness that is Schnepf Farm's organic peaches! I did make it out to their U-Pick though. Although they're not officially labeled 'organic', they are local, (a 4th generation family farm...still in existence in AZ!) AND they're grown with the use of pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals. (I picked enough peaches to have peach pie, crepes, ice cream, cobbler, shakes, etc., for months.) You can even lease your own peach tree for a year! (Seriously thinking about it...)

I highly recommend checking it out next year --- and while you're at it, head down the street to the Queen Creek Olive Mill (organic olive goodness...). Schnepf also offers cool, four course dinners in their peach orchard, courtesy of some of the valley's finest chefs. Check out their site for the next date.
Can't wait until next year! I promise I will be on the ball next time :) (And hopefully, I'll have a bunch of new peach recipes!) Have a fabulous weekend!