Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kudos!

I'm so excited to see the local grocers coming out with their own lines of organic canned goods. I've been especially impressed with Fry's and Safeway with their 'store brands' of organic canned goods. It's supply and demand - if you're local grocer doesn't offer a wide selection, let them know! Hopefully, other stores will follow their lead and realize that families want to be healthier but want a more wallet-friendly way to do so. We have to think long term - the health choices we make now will effect our wallets and lifestyles in the future (i.e., the cost of reactive medicine after your already sick vs. proactive health measures).
I know I've said it before, but I've received a lot of questions from friends and family memebers... you don't have to eat all organic - just do what you can. The small changes will add up to a big difference.