Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to Organic Arizona!

A Resource for the Organic Life in Arizona

The term "organic" has recently become a trendy topic in our culture. With the many pesticides, preservatives and chemicals being blamed for illness, disease and antibiotic resistance, its no wonder we are becoming more aware of what we put into our bodies.

My itch to dive into organic was a combination of health and environmental reasons...that, and I didn't like that I couldn't pronounce or understand half of the ingredients I was putting into my body on a daily basis. In my own quest to migrate toward a more organic lifestyle, I found that resources for organic "newbies" like myself were sparse. I didn't know where to begin --- there's SO much information on the internet it's overwhelming! It seems like anyone and everyone has been touting the benefits of going organic but I wasn't sure which resources were legit and what the standards were for using the label "organic" for consumer products and/or services. It may not be financially feasible to go 100 percent organic in your life, but every bit counts!

I am NOT by any means an expert on the subject and there are still many uses in which the term "organic" is debated... However, I have tried to provide an array of resources for you to be informed consumers in your search for a more organic lifestyle. Enjoy!